If you are considering abortion, or have already had an abortion, your call to Backline can help you get the support you need. It is important to know that you are not alone. More than one million abortions are performed every year in the U.S., and people who have abortions come from every state, age group, political party, religion, race, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Whatever your story, our Talkline is here to listen and support you — before, during, and after your abortion experience. 1.888.493.0092.
Finding an Abortion Provider:
- Abortion Care Network: network of independent abortion providers
- National Abortion Federation: the NAF website offers maps that allow you to highlight clinics in your area while the NAF Hotline referral line 1-877-257-0012 provides referrals to member clinics in the U.S. and Canada (no funding assistance on this line).
- Planned Parenthood (look for clinics that list ‘abortion services’ among the services they offer)
- Abortion Clinics Online: lists abortion clinics in your area.
- National Network of Abortion Funds: The Network can help people who need financial assistance to obtain an abortion by connecting you to abortion funds in your area, and providing information about using Medicaid or insurance.
- National Abortion Federation offers unbiased information about abortion and financial assistance. Call toll-free 1-800-772-9100 (this is a different number than the one for referrals).
- Abortion: Which Method Is Right For Me?: Provides information for people choosing between medication and aspiration abortion.
Abortion Stories & Experiences:
- The Abortion Diary Podcast is a collection of abortion stories, recorded as podcasts and told by the person who had the abortion in their own words. Listen to stories or share your own!
- Project Voice hopes to establish a resource of sharing and support, and convey that abortion is a choice many women have made, and continue to make, for a variety of reasons.
- The 1 in 3 campaign is a grassroots movement to start a new conversation about abortion — telling our stories, on our own terms.
- Ending a Wanted Pregnancy offers support for parents ending a pregnancy after prenatal or maternal medical diagnosis.
- A Guide to Emotional and Spiritual Resolution After an Abortion
- Peace After Abortion: If you are having distress after an abortion, you can begin the healing process by exploring these pages.
- Taking Care of Yourself After An Abortion: Northland Family Planning in Michigan has great information about taking care of yourself after an abortion, both physically and emotionally.
- Faith Aloud: is an organization of people of diverse religious faiths who support reproductive justice. Faith Aloud offers online resources and free telephone counseling with supportive religious clergy.
- Men & Abortion offers factual, spiritual and emotional information and support for men.